Our approach to estate planning rejects a “canned” or standardized approach. We focus foremost on personal and family goals and offer individually designed estate plans. We assist our clients in formulating comprehensive strategy for the lifetime and testamentary disposition of their assets designed in a way to minimize the impact of income, gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer taxes while maintaining personal financial security. It is our goal to reduce cost and expenses of transferring property both during life and at death, thereby reducing or eliminating family strife and conflict which is all too often an unfortunate development in the areas of transfer of wealth.
Our practice employs both traditional and cutting-edge strategies that are carefully tailored to each client’s unique set of financial and personal circumstances. In appropriate circumstances, these strategies would include the preparation of wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, and durable powers of attorney for health care and asset management, and advice and services regarding disability, long term care, and life insurance coverage and various tax-advantageous methods to structure employment and retirement benefits, lifetime gifts to meet family and tax-oriented goals, and charitable gift planning.
Our estate planning services encompass a variety of areas, including the legal aspects of financial and retirement planning, planning for the preservation and orderly transfer of closely-held business interests, planning for developmentally disabled family members or other individuals with special needs, and preparing pre- and post-marital property agreements, as wells as similar agreements between unmarried individuals.
We also assist in the selection of appropriate persons and institutions to serve as fiduciaries (executors, trustees, guardians and holders of powers of attorney).
- Wills and revocable trusts
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILIT)
- Grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATS)
- Grantor retained income trusts (GRITS)
- Education trusts
- Charitable remainder trusts and other planned-giving techniques
- Personal residence trusts
- Grantor trusts
- Family limited partnerships and LLCs
- Durable Powers of Attorney and Advance Health Care Directives
- Personal gifting strategies
- Business transfer strategies
- Income, estate and gift planning
- Generation-skipping transfer tax (GST) planning
- Retirement benefit planning
- Internal Revenue Service Ruling Requests
- 529 Plans
- Selection of Fiduciaries